Please see the guidelines below to request a hand-up.
A Hand Up ERIE Guidelines
- AHU ERIE will deliver to your address if you reside in our delivery area. If you live outside of our delivery area, we can arrange to have you pick up the needed items at our warehouse.
- You MUST provide your own help in getting all donated items into your home.
- AHU ERIE is able to help a family/person/household only (1) ONE time.
- We will notify you within a day or two of delivery. You will need to quickly confirm your appointment in order to keep your spot on the delivery schedule.
- If you do not take delivery or pick up items at the confirmed time, you become ineligible for future help.
- Your home must be ready to accept delivery. Our volunteers MUST have a clear and safe path to your door.
- We may require pictures and measurements to make sure available items will fit through your doorway and staircases.
- We cannot guarantee that you will receive everything on your list. We will do our best to help you with what we receive as donations.
- We do not have large appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.).